HomeSchool Beach Nosara offers total immersion Spanish language lessons on a 4 month minimum basis for visiting and year round children in grades 3rd through 8th. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9AM-1:30PM. Students are completely immersed in the Spanish language, culture, history and traditions. They also receive instruction and lessons at their individual level for support and to increase the rate of language learning.
Students learn through games, role play, conversation, projects, experiments and hands on activities. We also try to take monthly field trips with the help of parents for transportation. In addition, an integral part of their studies is sustainability (our ongoing garden and compost) and giving back to our planet and one another. This year the Spanish Program will include our business project of farm to table creating and selling products made from our organic garden.
“It has been wonderful for our daughter. She made some great friends there and loved her teacher. When she enrolled in March she had very limited Spanish language skills and was afraid to use what little she had. Six months later she was conversing confidently with everyone and is happy to be able to use her Spanish whenever she can. We are eternally grateful for HomeSchool Beach Nosara for making our daughter’s experience living in Costa Rica.” – Parent of a fourth grader
- Students are integrated with our year-round students, immersing them completely in the local language and culture
- Children build new friendships and feel a part of our family
- Emphasis is on conversational Spanish and vocabulary development through meaningful activities
- Small class sizes with no more than 6 students to 1 teacher to promote a safe learning environment and self confidence
- Project based Costa Rican Social Science curriculum with an emphasis on the environment and our community
- Students participate in field trips and community give back projects conducted by them